Microsoft has an office suite that has many apps in it. Microsoft Excel is one of them. Excel is a spreadsheet program used for calculations, making charts and recording data about all sorts of business processes. For this reason, many of the professionals use them. It is common to use special characters in these sort of calculations. Sadly, you will not find many of the popular special symbols on the regular keyboard. No worries there. You will be happy to know that there is a simple way to get a list of special characters in all Microsoft applications. Degree Symbol in Excel.
The symbol we are going to discuss today is the Degree Symbol. Professionals commonly use the degree symbol in their work. To insert degree symbol in excel there are a few simple steps that you need to follow. These steps will help you insert the degree symbol in your desired location. So let’s get right into it.
How to type Degree Symbol in Excel
To insert the Degree Symbol in Excel is very easy. The developers of this program have designed to be very convenient to the end user. It has all the features you can think of. To type the Degree Symbol you just need to follow the simple steps in exact order as stated below.
Steps to insert Degree Symbol in Excel
- Open Microsoft Excel and place your cursor where you want to type Degree Symbol.
- Then go to Insert and click on Symbol in the top-left corner.
- A pop-up window will open with a list of symbols.
- To find Degree Symbol fast, just hit m on your keyboard.
- You will find Degree Symbol below it. To make sure confirm its name.
- You can also type character code directly in the box as 00B0.
- Select it and the Degree Symbol will be inserted on your chosen locations.
Note: These Steps are the same for all Microsoft Programs. You can use the same steps to insert Degree Symbol in any of them.
I hope the steps were simple enough and you were able to insert Degree Symbol in Excel. If you still have any doubts you can comment below.